Professional Disaster Restoration
According to the IICRC (Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification) there are a couple of reasons to choose a professional over doing it your self. Below are a few reasons:
- The process of fire and water restoration is very involved when it is performed properly.
- With quick reaction time and the appropriate skill set, a technician can help to prevent further damage and repair that which has already been done
- The process and equipment used during fire and water restoration will vary from case to case, since different materials require their own unique care.
- For fire damage, general cleaning is done to remove ash and soot from ceiling to floor.
- The quick remediation of the problem is important for more than repairs, it is also a health consideration
- Choose a company for fire and water restoration with the appropriate licenses and proof that they have the proper insurance.
- Whether the work to be done is in a commercial or residential location, technicians with experience and certification should perform the damage recovery.
Floods are one of the most common and widespread natural disasters in the United States.
There is always potential for flood damage no matter where you live. According to the American Red Cross floods cause more damage in the United States every year than any other weather related disaster. The American Red Cross offers these flood safety tips:
-Stay away from floodwaters. If you come up on a flowing stream where water is above your ankles, stop, turn around and go another way. Six inches of swiftly moving water can sweep you off of your feet.
-If you approach a flooded road while driving, turn around and go another way. If you are caught on a flooded road and waters are riding rapidly around you, get out of the car quickly and move to higher ground. Most cars can be swept away by less than two feet of moving water.
-Keep children out of the water. They are curious and often lack judgment about running water or contaminated water.
If a flood occurs and affects you, call SERVPRO of Lexington. Even minor floods have potential to cause major damage. We are faster to ANY size disaster. Let us help you get your life back in order.
Here are some things to consider from the American Lung Association about air quality in your home:
- Is anyone smoking indoors? No one should smoke indoors.
- Can you see or smell mold or mildew?
- Is the humidity regularly above 50 percent?
- Are there leaks or standing water anywhere—kitchen, basement, attic?
- Are all fuel-burning appliances (gas stoves, water heaters, fireplaces) fully vented to the outdoors?
- Is there an attached garage or basement where cars, lawnmowers or motorcycles are stored?
- Are household chemicals, paints or solvents stored indoors or in an attached garage or basement?
- Have you recently remodeled or added new furniture, carpeting or painted?
- Do you use odor-masking chemicals or "air-freshening" devices?
- Has kitchen or food garbage been covered and removed?
- Have you used pesticides recently?
If you have an ongoing air quality issue, call SERVPRO of Lexington for further consultation. We have a staff of professionals, certified in all aspects of deodorization and microbial remediation.
Fourth of July
With the fourth of July right around the corner, we want to remind you of these fireworks safety tips from the National Council on Fireworks Safety. We hope you have a great, safe, fourth of July!
Recommended Safety Tips
- Obey all local laws regarding the use of fireworks.
- Know your fireworks; read the cautionary labels and performance descriptions before igniting.
- A responsible adult SHOULD supervise all firework activities. Never give fireworks to children.
- Alcohol and fireworks do not mix. Save your alcohol for after the show.
- Wear safety glasses when shooting fireworks.
- Light one firework at a time and then quickly move away.
- Use fireworks OUTDOORS in a clear area; away from buildings and vehicles.
- Never relight a “dud” firework. Wait 20 minutes and then soak it in a bucket of water.
- Always have a bucket of water and charged water hose nearby.
- Never carry fireworks in your POCKET or shoot them into METAL or GLASS containers.
- Do not experiment with homemade fireworks.
- Dispose of spent fireworks by wetting them down and place in a metal trash can away from any building or combustible materials until the next day.
- FAA regulations PROHIBIT the possession and transportation of fireworks in your checked baggage or carry-on luggage.
- Report illegal explosives, like M-80s and quarter sticks, to the fire or police department.
And let’s not forget the safety of our pets!
- Don’t bring your pets to a fireworks display, even a small one.
- If fireworks are being used near your home, put your pet in a safe, interior room to avoid exposure to the sound.
- Make sure your pet has an identification tag, in case it runs off during a fireworks display.
- Never shoot fireworks of any kind (consumer fireworks, sparklers, fountains, etc.) near pets.
Living in Your Home During Water Damage
Customer's home during water damage
Any time you experience water damage in your home it can be distressing. Coming home to or waking up and discovering water damage can throw off your entire day. Once the damage is discovered, you begin the process of making phone calls and going through the steps to repair the damage. Often times when water damage occurs the customer has to live in their home throughout the process. In severe cases they may find other temporary arrangements. When we come into your home during your frustrating time, it is our goal to make sure that the process of getting your home back in order is as stress free as possible. We will come in a set up our drying equipment in the affected areas and perform any necessary demolition to wet materials. We always strive to have the home dry and have equipment removed within 4 days. At that point the customer can choose to complete the necessary repairs. In the case that you ever experience water damage, rest assured that we can take of you! Call our office at 859-225-3193.
Win a $50 Amazon gift card in SERVPRO of Lexington's Giveaway!
Hello everyone! SERVPRO of Lexington is currently running a couple of promotions that give you the chance to win a $50 amazon gift card! We've given away one prize already and we are ready to give away more! There are 2 ways for you to enter.
Go follow us on twitter @SERVPROlexky and retweet the tweet featuring the giveaway information. We will award this prize once our page reaches 200 followers!
For a second chance to win go like us on Facebook at SERVPRO of Lexington, KY, Anderson, Franklin and Scott Counties, and like and share the post featuring the giveaway information. We will award this prize once our page reaches 700 likes! We are very close to giving this one away! Help us reach our goal and you could be a winner!
SERVPRO of Lexington is Offering a Continuing Education Course!
We are offering a FREE CE course credit in Ethics. This will count as 3 hours of Insurance Course Credit.
The course will be held on April 3rd, 2017 at the Buffalo Trace Distillery. Registration is from 8:15 - 9:00 AM and the course of from 9:00 - Noon. Breakfast and lunch will be provided! There will also be a free tour and tasting following the course should you wish to stay.
The premise for this Ethics course is that although we may have solid ethical foundations and usually make rational ethical decisions, ethical lapses are likely to come when we are stressed, angry, upset, worried, or otherwise disengaged.
Each and every day we are faced with decisions that could cause harm to others or ourselves. Facing ethical decisions can be very difficult, especially when we make decisions that may seem correct at first, but we later find out were not so great. As we explore what "Ethics" is, you will be challenged to become involved in hourly group activities. The group activities will help reinforce what has been learned, as well as the ability to better deal with ethical decision making in our own lives.
For reservations please call Larry Carter at 859-537-5377.
We look forward to seeing you!
When Storms or Floods hit, SERVPRO is ready!
SERVPRO of Lexington specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We have traveled to many areas of the country to help those affected by storm damage. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today at 859-225-3193.
For Immediate Service in Lexington, Call SERVPRO
Lexington residents: We provide emergency services day and night!
SERVPRO of Lexington provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
Have Questions? Call Us 24/7 – (859)225-3193
Whether your home needs emergency flood damage or your upholstery cleaned, you can depend on us. Our technicians have extensive cleaning and restoration training and can make your property look its best. Learn more about our residential services:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Storm Damage Restoration
- Cleaning Services
- Building/Reconstruction Services
There's never a convenient time for fire or Water damage to strike your commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services we have the training and expertise to respond promptly with highly trained technicians to get your property back to business.
- Commercial Water Damage Restoration
- Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
SERVPRO of Lexington helping out the University of Kentucky Wildcats!
Coach Cals tweet thanking us for the help on short notice.
At the Wildcats game against the Georgia Bulldogs on January 31st at Rupp Arena, several of our players were unable to play due to sickness. We got the call from the department of athletics that the University of Kentucky basketball Head Coach John Calipari wanted SERVPRO to come in and clean and sanitize the Wildcat Coal Lodge where all the players live to help prevent the sickness from spreading. We went in the next day and cleaned and sanitized all of the affected areas. We even got a personal shoutout from Coach Cal himself! It always nice to help out our local team. GO CATS!!!